The Instrument Rating Course provides the training required for a candidate to obtain the Instrument Rating in a single or multi-engine aeroplane. The qualified pilot may fly an aircraft under Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) in controlled airspace.
About the Course
The complete Instrument Rating course comprises 55 hours instructional flight time by sole reference to instruments of which up to 40 hours may be in a single-engine piston aeroplane approved under UK CAA Doc 7 arrangements (approved aeroplane).
- FFTA Modular Single Engine / Multi Engine Course
- Phase 1 – 10 hrs basic instrument instruction in an approved SE or ME a/c
- Phase 2 – 10 hrs intermediate instrument instruction in an approved SE or ME a/c
- Phase 3 – 20 hrs advanced instrument instruction in an approved SE or ME a/c
- Phase 4 – 15 hrs instruction in an approved ME a/c
- Have completed 50 hours cross country flight time as PIC
- Hold or have completed training for the appropriate MEP Aeroplane or SEP Class rating appropriate to the training to be carried out
- Have passed the appropriate Theoretical Knowledge Examination (IR or ATPL) within the timescale defined and completed the English language proficiency assessment
- Applicants should hold a JAA or EASA licence for this rating
Please call us on +44 (0) 1959 540 045 for current prices.